UConn Health’s graphic standards have direct, expressed, and implied representations of the organization. As such, managing and controlling the use of UConn Health graphic standards to assure appropriate representation by affiliate organizations and joint venture partners is the responsibility of the Office of the Executive Vice President for Health Affairs.
- The use of UConn Health graphic identities by teaching affiliates and joint ventures must be approved in advance by the Office of the Executive Vice President for Health Affairs.
- Use of logos, name, descriptors and the UConn Health seal by an affiliate must comply with the graphic identity guidelines.
- Branded materials can only be used by the party directly affiliated with UConn Health. The representation is not assignable, not transferable, and not shared within the UConn Health affiliated organization (affiliated organization subsidiaries, employees, agents, etc.).
- Branded materials must be consistent with and directly related to UConn Health’s purpose. “Directly related” applies to organizations that have valid teaching and/or research affiliations with UConn Health, organizations that have a valid equity based joint venture with UConn Health, and UConn Health “in-residence” faculty members.
- Teaching hospital affiliates may use the following descriptor:
- Academic affiliates (other than teaching hospital affiliates) may use the following descriptor:
- Joint venture partner may use the following descriptor:
“A teaching affiliate of the UConn School of Medicine (or School of Dental Medicine).”
“An academic affiliate of the UConn School of Medicine (or School of Dental Medicine).
“A joint venture partnership between UConn Health and (partner name as included in the legal partnership documents).”
- Applications of UConn Health graphic identities by affiliates are permitted on media that are directly related to the purpose of the affiliation with UConn Health.
- Applications of UConn Health graphic identities by teaching affiliates are not permitted on prescription pads, appointment-related media, patient and public related media, and marketing materials and media.
- Applications by UConn Health academic affiliates can include the academic affiliate descriptor.
- Application by UConn Health joint venture partners can include the joint venture partnership descriptor.
- Applications by UConn Health faculty and residents are consistent with UConn Health policies.
- Lab coats for faculty and residents: affiliated hospitals and health systems may provide an approved UConn Health seal for lab coats for UConn School of Medicine and UConn School of Dental Medicine faculty and residents.
- Non-compensated faculty may order business cards for academic use only.