While there are no University-wide standards regarding email signatures (with the exception of the use of the Husky Dog logo), schools, colleges, departments, or individuals may choose to utilize a consistently styled and professional signature. Please review our recommendations for setting up an email signature through Outlook.
Instructions for Email Signature Implementation
- In Outlook choose Preferences menu
- Under E-mail, click Signatures
- You will get a window where you can edit your signature.
Optimal font size for a Mac is 11pt.
- In Outlook, File choose Options
- Under Options, click Mail, then click Signatures
- Create a new or edit an existing signature.
Optimal font size for a PC is 11pt.
UConn Health Email Signature Guidelines
The presentation of your email signature is just as important as letterhead and business cards. It is recommended that faculty and staff use one of the following standard email signature templates.
Copy and paste a sample template from the downloadable instructions.pdf into the email signature feature in your email account, then replace the generic information with your own. Be sure to keep the formatting used in the sample.
Overall Email Signature Do’s and Don’ts
- When you customize the signature with your personal information, please be sure to adhere to the existing layout, formatting, and text attributes.
- When writing UConn, please use mixed case and never all caps (i.e. UCONN).
- Do not alter the font size or color of your contact information.
- No additions to the email signature are allowed, such as quotations, logos, icons (including social media), or other images. Image files don't render on all email clients and come through as potentially large attachments in the receiver's email.
- The email background should be all white (no graphics or colors of any kind permitted).
Pronouns (e.g., she/her/hers)
Department | UConn Health
263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030-XXXX
Office: 860-679-XXXX | Cell: 860-679-XXXX | Fax: 860-679-XXXX